Position: Experienced Commercial Insurance Administrator
- Location: Turner House, Queen Street, Stourbridge, DY8 1TP (just off Lower High Street in Stourbridge)
- We are looking to recruit an experienced commercial insurance administrator, to help service our existing customer base and assist with new business enquiries
- Salary : We are open to discussions in respect of salary, as this will be dependent upon the level of experience/skills
- This job may be suitable for flexible working
We provide a relaxed (yet professional) working environment, and are looking to recruit an experienced individual to assist with all aspects of commercial insurance administration. Our core areas are combined commercial, liability, professional indemnity, property, marine, cyber and other business insurance.
A minimum of 5 years commercial insurance experience is a prerequisite (however 10+ years would be preferable)
A positive attitude towards customer service is essential
Attention to detail is of paramount importance
We are looking for an individual to join our team, to work with us as we strive to maintain consistently high levels of customer service.
Background: We are an independent commercial insurance brokerage established in 2000 to assist SMEs in securing favourable commercial insurance terms. In 2005, we joined the COBRA Network, so as to benefit from enhanced market access and support in respect of regulatory matters. We have an absolutely fantastic team, predominantly based at our offices in Stourbridge. Our open plan environment allows us to work together in placing risks and supporting clients. Throughout the pandemic we have held weekly staff meetings via zoom, to ensure our office and remote workers remain supported and connected.
Commercial Insurance Administrator
To assist an established team with all aspect of commercial insurance administration.
The main duties of an Commercial Insurance Administrator include, but are not restricted to:
1. Administering incoming post, e-mails and telephone calls including:
• Checking proposal forms, credit agreements etc from clients to ensure all information complete and correct prior to submission – where information differs to that previously provided e.g. sums insured, or if information is omitted e.g. unanswered questions or missing bank details, client to be contacted for clarification.
• Checking policy documentation from insurers to ensure sums insured, name, business description and policy endorsements/warranties, noted interests, scope of cover etc are accurate and as quoted.
• Acknowledging receipt of e-mails and letters and indicating a timescale in which a response will be forthcoming.
• Processing of adjustments e.g. change of address, change of company name, change of vehicles etc
• Logging phone calls, e-mails etc onto the Insur-e system.
• Administering the diary system – chasing insurers/client for outstanding documentation, payment, claims updates etc
2. General office administration including but not restricted to: filing of correspondence etc; recording and dispatching all outgoing mail; recording all incoming mail; answering telephone and conveying messages, maintaining (including ordering) of stationery etc.
3. Processing of incoming e-mail quotation enquiries and completing quotation request forms in respect of telephone and internet quotation enquiries. Submitting to insurers for quotes and presenting to prospects in writing by post or e-mail providing full details of the policy endorsements applicable and confirming in writing the information upon which the quotation has been based including a copy of the insurers policy summary or renewal documentation and where applicable a copy of the submission to insurers/fact finder.
If you feel this role may be of interest to you, please contact us by complete the following form:
N.B. The form below must not be used by recruitment companies / employment agencies. Any submissions from such entities will be disregarded and may trigger a formal complaint.