New claims can be reported directly to Insurance2day, however please see below our claim forms and some additional useful information relating to property, liability and motor fleet claims.
To assist in the timely notification of your claim to insurers, please download and a complete an incident report form:
Commercial Insurance Claim Form
Employers Liability Report Form
Motor Incident Report Form
Personal Accident Claim Form
Property Insurance Claim Form
Liability Incident Report Form
Travel Claim Form
In event of a theft, attempted theft, arson or malicious damage incident, the police must be notified and a crime reference number issued. When incidents occur outside of business hours, insurers require the implementation of whatever temporary measures are deemed to be necessary e.g. boarding up, to secure a premises to prevent a re-occurrence. N.B. Premises must not be left unattended or without alarm systems being fully operational.
It is essential that insurers are notified immediately of all and any circumstances which may give rise to a claim, irrespective of whether a claim is to be made. Prompt notification of claims/potential claims is essential, as failure to notify could prejudice policy cover.
Prism Network area national disaster recovery and building repair service to the insurance and property sectors.
If you suffer a loss and need a disaster recovery and repair service,
CALL Prism Network on 0845 200 0948.
- Within 24 hours Prism Network will be on site to survey and arrange mitigating works as required.
- Within 48 hours of arrival on site, Prism Network will deliver an electronic report that includes photographs, full repairs schedule, 2D room plan and a precise detailed estimate.
- From receipt of authorisation, within 48 hours they will confirm a start date and completion date.
Serving both the commercial and domestic areas, Prism Network work closely with Insurers, Insurance Brokers, Loss Adjusters together with Facilities Managers, Property Managers and Property Management companies, helping to provide a rapid, professional and efficient customer service offering:
Asbestos Testing & Removal
Fire Damage Restoration
Full Contents Restoration
Non-intrusive Leak Detection
Plumbing & Gas Works
Structural Drying & Speed Drying
Wet Carpet Restoration
Air Quality Sampling
Crime Scene clean-up
For more information, please go to: www.prismnetwork.co.uk
It is an insurance requirement that on notification of any incident that may give rise to a claim:
- Insurers are notified immediately
- That no admission of liability is made either verbally or in writing
- That no communications are entered into with third parties or their representatives.
- That in all instances third party correspondence is forwarded to insurers unanswered and without delay
The reporting of accidents and ill health at work is a legal requirement and insurers need to be notified during the course of a policy of all and any incidents that may give rise to a claim, including RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences) incidents i.e. over seven days’ incapacitation. The day on which an accident occurs is not counted and it should be noted that the absence does not necessarily have to have occurred immediately following the accident. Incapacitation means that the worker is absent or is unable to do work that they would reasonably be expected to do as part of their normal work.
Click the following link for more information and/or to report an incident online www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/report.htm
Motor Fleet Claims
All accident, incidents and losses must be reported immediately, whether or not a claim is to be made. Reports may be made directly to the insurers incident report line or an accident report form can be completed.
In the event of vehicle theft, if property keys are also stolen, it is essential that locks be replaced to prevent further losses.
However minor an accident is, the Road Traffic Act requires you to stop. If anyone is injured, then the police must be called.
At the scene of an accident:
- Give your name and address to anyone else involved
- Do not say sorry or accept blame
- If no one else is involved, you need to leave your details e.g. in a note on the windscreen
- Take photos of the damage and the accident scene
- Make a note of the:
– Name, address and contact numbers of any drivers, passengers and witnesses
– Registration numbers and vehicle colour, make and model
– A list of damage to vehicles
– A description of any injuries sustained by pedestrians, drivers and passengers
– The time and date of the crash
– A description of the weather conditions, plus anything unusual you notice about the road quality or lighting
- Please also make a sketch of the accident, including where possible:
– Width of roads and numbers
– Position of vehicles, before, during and after
– Skid marks: length and direction
– Prominent features, i.e. lamp posts, traffic signs, zebra crossings, road signs, speed limits (if no speed limit sign state speed limit)
– Indicate direction of travel of all vehicles involved using arrows
– Mark the of impact/damage on a) Your vehicle b) Third Party Vehicle (if relevant)